I’ve received a few questions about Electricopolis’ stories and world, so here’s a list of relatively frequently-asked questions and their answers.
- Q. How old is Tales From Electricopolis (the series)?
- A. I’ve been working on Tales From Electricopolis and making art for it since at least 2009, according to the timestamps on my Google Drive, but I didn’t start posting the series online until, I think, 2013. If you’d like to see what Bob looked like back in his earliest incarnation, well:
- Q. Is it true that Bob Sparker was an influence for Mettaton, from Toby Fox’s Undertale?
- Q. Is it true that Bob Sparker was an influence on Spamton, from Toby Fox’s Deltarune Ch. 2?
- A. Why not? They’re both two [LONG-NOSED HUCKSTERS], after all!!
In all seriousness, Toby and I are good friends, and we influence and affect each other’s creative works in many ways, some of which are more obvious than others! I know I wouldn’t have been able to unleash my true power without his inspiration.
- Q. Who inspired the design of Bob Sparker?
- A. Chiefly he was inspired by a bunch of characters from the video game Silhouette Mirage, such as Har and Megido, but especially Delia:
- Q. Is it OK to create fanworks of Electricopolis?
- A. Absolutely! Fanart, fanfiction, anything is OK.
- Q. What about NSFW works?
- A. Also fine!
- Q. I have another question…
- A. Please feel free to comment on this post, send an ask to the electricopolis-net tumblr, hit me up on twitter at @pauli_kohberger, or email me at pkohberger at gmail dot com. If you prefer, you can also join the moon works Discord server, which has an Electricopolis channel where I often post behind-the-scenes snippets and sneak peeks!